This is Drill #23 in the HockeyShot Stickhandling Series. Get the most out of your HockeyShot Dangler with this fun and challenging drill. Evolve your stickhandling technique and develop soft hands. View the video and follow the techniques below.
Set up 4 sections of the HockeyShot Extreme Dangler stick handling tool vertically in front of you. Maintaining a good hockey position, start to stick handle through the Dangler trainer, passing only once before moving onto the next hole.
Once you reach the end of the training tool, continue your stick handling but this time, walk backwards.
- Keep the blade of your stick square on the flooring tiles
- Cup the puck from forehand to backhand by lifting your stick over the training tool and rolling your wrists
- Keep your arms relaxed and your bottom hand in a loose but firm grip
- Maintain controlled, fluent movement and feel the puck on the center of your blade
- Do not tap the floor
- Start slowly and progress faster once you feel comfortable with the stick handling action
- Keep your head up and use your peripheral vision to see the puck